Re: Package server

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 05:25:23AM -0700, Gandalf, the White wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Some friends and I are organizing an Install Fest at the university.
> We intend to set up a server to distribute the newest packages to the
> brand new installed PCs.
> The idea is to point to this server in each PC's /etc/apt/sources.list
> file.
>
> How can I set such server?

Follow my HOWTO:

http://people.connexer.com/~roberto/howtos/debrepository

If you already understand the Debian repository layout and why it is
structured the way it is, then there are other howtos out there.
However, if you are new to such things, my howto explains in a fair
amount of detail the rationale behind much of it.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez