SATA and SoundBlaster clash ???

Hello

I'm currently working on a bug where ac3 stream on the spdif output of
my SB Live is corrupted while I'm performing SATA I/O (See [1] and [2]
for the whole story)

I'm wondering if other people have similar problem.

My setup is:
- a7n8x deluxe board
- SB Live digital 5.1 (snd_emu10k1 driver)
- SATA disk (sata_sil on the mobo)
- Debian sid with 2.6.27 kernel

If I try to play a movie with an ac3 stream (from the SB live spdif)
on my external amplifier (Yamaha DSP A1) while performing I/O on the
SATA drive (like md5sum *.avi), I get a lot of ac3 drop-out (the ac3
light on my amp blinks on and off).

Likewise, PCM output shows severe high frequencys distorsions (above 5
kHz).

I'm working with ALSA and lklm people to solve the problem. ([1] and [2])

Meanwhile I'm wondering if other people can reproduce the problem ?

Thanks

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg17399.html
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_frm/thread/4583a755034699de

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they