Help about LVM, lv status inactive Original and inactive Snapshot

Help about LVM, lv status inactive Original and inactive Snapshot

Everything seems to work fine. But I found this

shell> lvscan
/dev/diskvg/lvsnapshot: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
inactive Original '/dev/diskvg/rootlv' [2.92 GB] inherit
inactive Snapshot '/dev/diskvg/lvsnapshot' [100.00 MB] inherit

How can I active the rootlv and lvsnapshort. And what does the inactive mean?

When I mount the lvsnapshort, and backup it. It always shows many IO
errors (both use tar and rsync).  How do I backup the lvsnapshort.

I try to use lvchange -ay to reactive the lv, but it shows error!

shell> lvchange -ay /dev/diskvg/lvsnapshot

/dev/diskvg/lvsnapshot: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error

Can't change snapshot logical volume "lvsnapshot"

shell> lvchange -ay /dev/diskvg/rootlv

/dev/diskvg/lvsnapshot: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error