Re: closing mailing lists

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:51:08 -0400, Stephen  <stephen.d.allen@gmail.com> said:

> It should be, pretty much everything else in the Debian Project
> calls for votes in order for a consensus.

        Wrong. Most of the decisions made in the project are
 technical -- and we never vote on technical issues   (deciding
 technical issues by popularity is like voting on the value if Pi)

> I see no reason why this list should be the exception -- After all
> it is called debian-user, emphasis on "user". :)

        I kinda doubt that list-masters look to polls on how to do
 things, but you could try.

        manoj
--
Hi Jimbo.  Dennis.  Really appreciate the help on the income tax.  You
wanna help on the audit now?  -- "The Rockford Files"