From: S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) [mailto:smibrahim@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 9/26/2006 10:00 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: (sid) apt-get install kde kdm fails

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 03:32, RParr wrote:
> I have installed Debian using etch installer b-3 (daily snapshot) and
> then upgraded to sid (and added contrib, non-free to my repositories).
> I installed as web-server, file-server, sql-server.  I did not install
> desktop.
>
> I was (finally) able to get basic X installed (by wacking the
> xserver-xorg postinst per the bug report)
>
> # apt-get install x-window-system-core
>
> but have not been able to install KDE (for about 3 days now).
>
> # apt-get install kde kdm

>   kde: Depends: kde-core (>= 5:47) but it is not going to be installed
>        Depends: kde-amusements (>= 5:47) but it is not going to be
> installed Depends: kdeaddons (>= 4:3.4.3) but it is not going to be
> installed Depends: kdepim (>= 4:3.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> Is this just a matter of waiting for the repositories to come back in
> sync or am I missing something here.

if possible, please wait, or check if any other package making this problem.
> If just waiting, any idea of when things should be installable?
i was also in this kind of problem. and got fixed within 2 day :)

Still the same.

# deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main

I originally used mirrors.kernel.org. Now, with ftp.debian.org, (and ftp.us.debian.org), same errors.

Do I have the correct sources.list to install KDE?

Any ideas?

R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts