Re: Access to ssh/shell with HTTP connection

[Shameless plug]
If you insist on using a a AJAX shell which runs on your web browser,
you might be interested in a pet project of mine called "w3term" which
does exactly that.

Screen Capture: http://projects.element14.org/w3term-0.2/w3term.html
Download: http://projects.element14.org/w3term-0.2.1.tgz

Beware, since I am not an experienced coder, and I had no prior
experience with terminal emulators. Generally, it understands enough
terminal escape sequences to be somewhat usable on non-curses
applications.

Also, the installation would be rather rough,  to say the least.

That being said, if you are still interested in attempting to use it
after all the disclaimers above, I'd be happy to answer any
questions/comments regarding w3term ;-p

[/Shameless plug]

On 9/26/06, Frank Niedermann <fbn@thelogic.org> wrote:

George Borisov wrote:
> Frank Niedermann wrote:
>> how can I setup a way to get ssh sessions or shell access to a
>> Debian server only using port 80 or 443?
>
> If I understand you correctly, then you could perhaps get SSH to
> listen on one of those ports? (e.g "Port 80" in the sshd_config
> file).

This way I would have to install a SSH client to access the server.

If an Java applet or AJAX application could to this on a web page
on the server there would be no need to install anything on the
client (in an Internet Cafe for examle).

Is something like that possible at all?

Frank