Re: ISP has screwed up smtp for me... what to try? New ISP?

On Monday 25 September 2006 19:03, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> Doesn't someone out there have an earthlink account, and how do you set
> things up?  Is something sitting there staring me in the face that will
> work?

A few weeks ago I used Earthlink SMTP from KMail with settings:

  General
    Host:   smtpauth.earthlink.net
    Port:   25
    Server requires authentication: check
    Login:  accountname@earthlink.net
  Security
    Encryption: TLS
    Authentication: PLAIN

IIRC, it took an nmap scan to figure out they were doing smtpauth on 25.

--Mike Bird