Re: starting X fails: out of scan range

Jos? Alburquerque-3 wrote:

> libre fan wrote:
>>Last Friday I updated Debian (lot of xorg stuff was updated) and when I
>>rebooted I got this message on the screen: out of scan range
>
> Sounds to me like the error your getting is because your monitor
> settings are not correct in your /etc/X/xorg.conf file.  You probably
> replaced your config when you updated.  Reconfiguring the xserver-xorg
> package ('sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg') might fix your problem.

I did reconfigure as you suggest. I get two error messages: no  usable
screen and no frame buffer found. I see there's an option in the
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg process to do without the frame buffer. i'll
check again if I disabled this option.
I compared the xorg.conf files in Debian and in Xubuntu, and corrected the
reference of the screen.
Cheers