loop-aes: "losetup -F /dev/loop3" failed

Hello,

I want to encrypt the swap and /home partition on my system using
loop-aes. Encrypting swap with random keys works fine, but the /home
partition, which should be password protected, is troubling me.

I followed the instructions from
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README in section 7.2.

I prepared the keys, filled the partition with random data and modified
/etc/fstab in the way the instructions told me.

When I entered "losetup -F /dev/loop3" it asked me for the password but
then it told me "ioctl: LOOP_MULTI_KEY_SETUP_V3: Invalid argument".

I used the package loop-aes-source version 2.2d-5 and loop-aes-utils
2.12p-4sarge1. My kernel is a custom built 2.6.8 kernel. Running "make
tests" for the loop-aes module did not report any error.

Thanks,

David Kolf