Re: Spam and spam filtering, a problem new to me

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 10:39:26PM +0200, Peter Teunissen wrote:
> Yeah, would like to do that. But how can one achieve this with either
> postfix, spamassassin or cyrus/sieve? I thought sieve couldn't check
> attachment names or type.

You can write a script or some such thing and tell postfix to pass all
messages to it and then you can do one of a few things with bad messages
after catching them and passing the good ones:

- silently drop the messages
- keep the messages in a holding area and send you a notification (this
  is probably not much better than the current situation
- tag them in some other way so that your server, maildrop or MUA can
  filter them

Regards,

-Roberto

--