Cups - IPP - linux/mac/windows

Hi folks,

i have a question concerning cups ipp and a very heterogenous network (~130 comps in the network). if i create a local profile (user ... whatever named in the different os's) which is exactly the one i have on my printerserver which gets its users from a ldap-server there is no problem with printing and the correct entries are done in the paglog file. (the pagelog is necessary for our paymentscript)

is there an ability that i don't have to change the users and profiles local on each comp? cause to get all those people changing the settings and a then a working printer with this ... i don't wanna think of it too long

so i am dreaming of an ability that they use ipp and before printing there is a popup or a homepage where they have to login first - check their payments and so on?!

i really appriciate to hear from you

matthias

PS: i don't wonna use samba cause of some troubles with this heterogenous network (win98 - win2k3 / mac's are gladly all newer ones / tux from different dists mandriva, ubuntu, debian, fedora, suse <<--- you see all typs an mixtures are avaiable :-/)

PPS: cups version 1.1.23-10sarge

PPPS: i realy fell in love with printing from everywhere around the world on my local printer *gg