Re: Search for real debian Live -cd

Jabka Atu wrote:

> I'm searching for real debian live,

1) There's no official Debian live cd.

2) There will never be as long as the Debian project
is not interested in having one, see:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/08/msg00158.html>

3)grml is nice (and Knoppix, too!), but is not pure
Debian and it is a
pain to install official Debian packages (at least I
speak for myself).

4)live.debian.net is a nice project but it is not 100%
pure as it use Casper from Ubuntu, but it is a clean
project and the iso's are a good base to develop (I,
for example, I am building my custom distro from here:
http://live.debian.net/debian-cd/current/i386/

5) dfsbuild will allow you to create a 100% Debian
live cd, some pre made iso's are here:
http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/
Though they are too big for my taste.

6) at the end of the day, see point 2.