Testing - fetchmail heads up

Hi, all:

Maybe it's just me, but after an upgrade this weekend, fetchmail stopped working, and when I tried to start it, I kept getting the message "Edit /etc/default/fetchmail to start fetchmail".  No editing in there helped, and running dpkg-reconfigure on fetchmail repeated the message twice!  It turns out that /etc/init.d/fetchmail, after loading /etc/default/fetchmail, tests for START_DAEMON=yes.  But there is no line in there defining START_DAEMON.  There _is_, however, a line defining SERVICE true.  So I edited /etc/init.d/fetchmail to test for SERVICE=true instead, and now fetchmail works again.

I suspect I did something during an earlier upgrade which broke it, but maybe not.

Patrick