Re: still in search of a good news reader

Carl Fink wrote, On 2006-09-25 00:38:
Please don't start five threads with basically the same intent.

I know you asked about GUI stuff, but slrn does everything I've ever wanted. Of course, I do 90% or more of my computing in an xterm.

Hi, I did apologise about this. news.gmane.org which normally displays my posts within a few minutes fouled up just with Debian-user and not with other lists or groups I use, delaying posts about 24 hours.

One problem is that if the newsreader only supports a single feed, one then has to use something like leafnode, which has its own issues with requiring manual configuration and a fully qualified domain name as if one was running INN.

Regards,

Arthur.