Re: need a newsreader with decent filtering

Arthur Marsh <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> writes:

> Any suggestions on getting knode to work nicely or an alternative
> news-reader with good filtering properties?

For several years I've been using gnus (which runs under emacs/xemacs)
for mail and news; with gnus I can zip through and delete a stack of
spam very quickly.  I've used sorting in gnus, but not "filtering".

It is very nice to be able to use a single editor (emacs/xemacs) for
normal work, mail, and news.

RLH