Re: Empty syslog

El Dissabte 23 Setembre 2006 15:07, Benjamí Villoslada va escriure:
> El Divendres 22 Setembre 2006 23:20, Paul Dwerryhouse va escriure:
> > Restart syslog and it will start writing to the /var/log/syslog file
> > again.
>
> Thanks!  I've restarted syslogd and then /var/log/syslog works ... but
> before 6:25 am, have /var/log/syslog.0 again :(

I'm thinking about this problem.  Maybe is due that I've restarted my system
with this error:

«Configuring network interfaces...sed: can't read /etc/ntp.conf: No such file
or directory»

Since some recent dist-upgrade (Sid), the system starts with the clock at GMT
time (-2 hours in my case).

One week ago I remember that when I executed ntpdate in order to set the clock
at correct time, cron _started again_ the logrotate, updatedb etc. --the
known daily process at 6:25 AM-- because the clock adjustment has caused two
6:25 this day.

(sorry for my english O:)

--
Benjamí