Re: Pinging Postmaster

On Friday 22 September 2006 19:39, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Murphy has been in and out of Spamcop several times over the past
> > several days.  There have been the usual semi-informed rants on
> > debian-user but nothing that I can find from you.
>
> Non-issue.  Spamcop specifically tells you to NOT use bl.spamcop.net to 5xx
> (permanently) reject mail, suggesting you use spamassassin or 4xx (try
> again later) rejects instead.  If you can't get mail from m.d.o because
> your site uses Spamcop's list improperly, that's a problem for your
> postmaster, not Debian's.

Whether 4xx'd, 5xx'd, 250'd to inbox, or 2xx'd to a spam folder, Debian's
mailing list spam issues are significant annoyances to a significant
fraction of Debian's mailing list subscribers.

While today may be exceptional, it is starting to to appear that Debian
is also derelict in not actively monitoring its postmaster address.

--Mike Bird