Re: spamcop

Stephen wrote:

[snip]

It's not appropriate in my view, to allow anyone to post to debian-user,
without first subscribing. Apparently, anyone can post to debian-user,
without needing to do that step. I don't buy the argument that it's too
much of a hurdle to expect a newbie to debian to subscribe --
Subscribing to e-mail lists is done pretty much everywhere, so it's an
expected task, by pretty much anyone using them.

WARNING WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! IMMINENT FLAME WAR!

[snip]

Hell, it's not like Debian.org doesn't have the expertise to do what's
right IMO.

FIRST SALVO FIRED ACROSS THE BOW!

More to follow, I trow!

Mike