Re: Repository for backports

On 9/21/06, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
"Michele Della Marina" <dellamarina@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI guys!
> I would like to install (in my debian stable) the newest possible
> package hylafax. In backports.org repository is not present. Is there
> another update repository?
> Thanks

Yes, the testing and the unstable repository ;) This means however
that you will have to run a mixed system, which is considered dangerous.

If you are *really* sure you need a newer hylafax and you know your way
with APT, this is doable. The procedure is described in the
APT-Howto, in the Documentation section on www.debian.org.

But don't blame me if you hose your system.

Yes, thanks. In fact this is my last choice, I would like to preserve
a stable server, but at the same time I would like to have newer
features in hylafax.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)