Re: Is there any software dedicated to small to medium non-profit making organizations?

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:19:06PM +0800, Hoi Tak Yau wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am a final year computer student, and my final year project is to
> build a management application for small and medium-sized non-profit
> making organization. I have been searching on the web some weeks, but
> I cannot find a software suite that do the job. I've found many open
> source software that do a single function, like
> phplist for mail list,
> phpbb for forums,
> drupal for content management and blogging,
> non-free conftool (http://www.conftool.net/) for event management.
>
> However I still can't find a project that gives the functions of the
> above or the functions alike. I have tried Debian-NP which seems not
> very mature enough IMO.

Your question is very ambiguous.  As you point out, there are many tools
for a single function.  Since a single "management application" would
need to cover such things as human resources, capital resources,
finances, payroll, software configuration, and document management,
there is no one-size-fits-all solution.  Imeagine the differnt needs of
a flower shop from a dentist's office from an accountant's office.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez