Re: (no subject)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:16:11 +1000
M-L <rose_snug@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Isn't cdrecord the reason that k3b doesn't work? I have found it so, because
> cdrecord finds my external USB DVD dual layer burner and then vanishes it.
> That was in Sarge, haven't tried it in Etch yet.

In my experience, I don't think the problem is with cdrecord - I've
used it extensively when k3b didn't work, or I didn't trust the
graphical tools - which all / most use cdrecord to do the actual
burning.

On the other hand, I haven't used cdrecord to write DDVs with on Debian
- I just use growisofs from the command line for that - with the
exception of using k3b from time to time to make dvd archives (backups).

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.