Re: How to fix corrupted image downloaded with jigdo.

jcsans@gmail.com wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jcsans@gmail.com <jcsans@gmail.com>
Date: 19-sep-2006 18:55
Subject: Re: How to fix corrupted image downloaded with jigdo.
To: Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net>

I have downloaded a ISO DVD Image of Debian using Jigdo, but the
checksum doesn't match. I Would like to know how to use Jigdo (or other)
to check the checksum of each file in the ISO image, one by one, and
automatically download a fixed file to replace the corrupted file. I
wouldn't like to download the whole image again, it's 4GB ;-). Thank you!

You can mount your image with loop option and download a fresh jigdo
file. When it asks for an old cd, write the mount point of your image,
so you'll download only the files you need.

That is not clear to me. It'll download the files it can't find
in the directories. The fact that a file is recorded as existing
in the directory does not imply that it is actually present in
the image. Also, what happens if the kernel detects corruption in
a directory?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.