Re: How to fix corrupted image downloaded with jigdo.

djota jota wrote:
Hi,
I have downloaded a ISO DVD Image of Debian using Jigdo, but the
checksum doesn't match. I Would like to know how to use Jigdo (or other)
to check the checksum of each file in the ISO image, one by one, and
automatically download a fixed file to replace the corrupted file. I
wouldn't like to download the whole image again, it's 4GB ;-). Thank you!

It does not make sense to try to do this. An ISO image is not like a ZIP
file. The FILE SYSTEM ITSELF IS CORRUPT, it just happens to be contained
inside a file on your system. Trying to reconstruct this is a file
system recovery job, like trying to reconstruct a hard drive with a
head crash. It's like using a file image of a crashed hard drive and
trying to recover data.

You'd be better off downloading again, even if it is slow.

The most likely cause, BTW, is an incomplete image. Check the
size of the file. If it is smaller than the source, then make a copy,
and try using wget -c to see if you can complete the download. This may
pull your bacon out of the fire.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.