Re: Serial mouse config

On 09/18/2006 08:52 PM, Andre Perrotta wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to write down the subject
Sorry....

Hi, I'm trying to get a serial mouse to work but haven't had any sucess.

It is conected to /dev/ttyS0

but when I do:

cat /dev/ttyS0

it doesn't responds to my mouse actions

I'm sure it is /dev/ttyS0 cause it used to work with earlier dists i had
installed in my computer

I'm running Demudi 1.2.1 with the 2.6-multimedia kernel

Can anyone help me ?

thanks...

Do a "dmesg | grep -i serial" to see if the serial driver was loaded.

Also do "grep serial /proc/ioports"; if it's using 03f8-03ff, then the serial driver should be available on /dev/ttyS0.

Note, I know nothing about Demudi.