Process starts even though I stop it

Hello!

I'm running sarge.
I've installed tinyproxy in a vserver. I don't want it to run all the
time though, so I stop it when I'm done using it.
There are S-links to /etc/init.d/tinyproxy in all the relevant /etc/rc*.d dirs (thus except 0,1,6 and S) so it is started when the system boots.

The strange thing is that even though I stop it (it is not in the
process list after I stop it), it keeps appearing there after some time
(24h).
I can't figure out why it is started. This puzzles me.
Something must start it, but I can't see any cron scripts that is
responsible.

Anyone who can shed some light over this matter?
Maybe I could remove the startup links from the rc-dirs, but I'm really
curious about what starts it anyway, so it is more a question about
*why* than a question about "do this to solve it".

Regards,
Erik Persson.