Re: groups output proplem

"Fred J." <phddas@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote: Hello Fred.
>
> > I am using debian/testing with 2.6.15.
> > the difference in the outputs below is the problem.
> >
> > fred@debian:~$ groups
> > fred dialout cdrom floppy audio video plugdev
> > fred@debian:~$ groups fred
> > fred : fred dialout cdrom floppy audio src video plugdev
>
> Did you add yourself to the „src“ group before this? If so, then you have to
> logout and login again for the changes to become active.
>
> The first call from your snippet above displays the group status via the current
> process. The second one as it ought to be for the specific user.
>

> Regards, Mathias
>
> --
> debian/rules
>
> on the xterm I typed 'exit' then reopen the xterm again. is that the way to log out and log back in?

No, it's not. I don't know what desktop environment you are using,
Gnome or KDE, but both of them have a logout or close session or
something similar in the menu. This will however close all open
programs, so don't forget to save documents you might be working on
before that.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. I recommend you don't post beneath the signature if your client
can't quote properly. Or you could trim the signature (it starts with
-- , two dashes and a space). I almost missed what you wrote because my
client shows the signatures in gray.
(Albert Einstein)