Re: groups output proplem

Mathias Brodala <info@noctus.net> wrote:
Hello Fred.

> I am using debian/testing with 2.6.15.
> the difference in the outputs below is the problem.
>
> fred@debian:~$ groups
> fred dialout cdrom floppy audio video plugdev
> fred@debian:~$ groups fred
> fred : fred dialout cdrom floppy audio src video plugdev

Did you add yourself to the ?src? group before this? If so, then you have to
logout and login again for the changes to become active.

The first call from your snippet above displays the group status via the current
process. The second one as it ought to be for the specific user.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules

on the xterm I typed 'exit' then reopen the xterm again. is that the way to log out and log back in?