anybody with external CD/DVD drive (was Re: udev or hal problem ...)

H.S. wrote:

Hello,

I recall that I read someplace via google that udev or hal have problem automounting devices that have device names ending with a number. For example, my external USB DVD writer, detected as /dev/scd0, doesn't make a disc icon on the KDE desktop as is done by my internal writer (/dev/hdd). Anybody have any idea what this is all about, or if there is a work around?

Thanks,
->HS

hmm .. so can anybody having an external CD or DVD writerand running Debian Etch (or Sid) confirm if a data disc is automounted when inserted in the external drive?

I have
$> dpkg -l hal* | grep ^ii
ii  hal                0.5.7.1-1      Hardware Abstraction Layer