Re: a good Video cut & scale program?

Dave Thayer wrote:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 06:33:27PM +0200, Raphael Brunner wrote:
Yes, its a Sony-T3 Digicam (normally for still-pictures, but it can also
record animated pictures (not good, but good enough) :-)

And I must cut the under half of this movie because it's not nessessary
and cut the start and end of it. No special-effects etc... is there a
simple way to do this?

$ apt-cache show gopchop
[...]
gopchop cuts and merges MPEG2 video streams. gopchop uses
a method to cut streams that does not require re-encoding,
and therefore is fast and not prone to the artifacts
and degradation of quality inherent in re-encoding.
However, cuts are limited to I-frames or
group-of-picture (GOP) boundaries. These frames occur
frequently enough, and often times at scene transitions,
so that gopchop's method is adequate for many applications.
[...]

Should be just what you need.

dt

avidemux available from www.debian-multimedia.org (marillat) is ideal for avi's which is what most still cameras use for there video mode AFAIK.