package gnat-gps in stable and not in testing?

Hello list.

Here we are evaluating the migration of our multiuser
workstations from Redhat to Debian among others.

I first tried to install sarge, but the monitor resolution
was very bad (640x480 16 colors) e I noticed that it still
uses XFree86.

So, I installed the etch and everything went fine.

But now I need the software and I noticed that the package
gnat-gps is available for sarge but not for etch..
I'm using synaptic but also checked with the command line and
on the debian web site but the result is the same: no
gnat-gps for etch.

How comes? I took for granted that all non-base packages
found in sarge were available in etch, too..

If it is an error in the etch packages system, can it be
fixed?

Thank you!
--
              Roberto Nunnari -software engineer-
 Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana