Re: flash problem? with Battle Star Glactica webisodes

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 11:21:01AM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> Running sarge here.  Have the flash plugin installed.  Try to access the
> Battle Star Galactica webisodes (from www.scifi.com/pulse).  It happily
> starts up a new window and stops, with the message "Waiting for
> fpdownload.macromedia.com" in the bottom border.  Nothing furter ever
> happens.
>
> -- hendrik
Hi Hendrik,
Sounds like a flash version issue where it seems to be getting info but
does nothing. I have on ocassion use wine to install firefox for m$ and
then loaded the latest flash. This works on such sites. This is
becomming a real problem as many site are using flash versions that are
not compatible with the linux version.
cheers,
Kev