punctuation in Epiphany

Hello. On some pages, quotation marks and apostrophes are not rendered with Epiphany browser on my computer. Most frequently this occurs on large sites which use a content management system of some sort. For example, the Toronto Star's site, at www.thestar.com. The cover-page is fine, but links to the various stories are not properly displayed by Epiphany. I use Epiphany version 2.14.2.1, on Etch.

Is there a way to correct this? A package I could install, or something? Note, these pages display fine on Firefox, but I prefer Epiphany.

Mark