Re: esound locking sound

"Yuwen Dai" <yuwend@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes. Some sound applications have options to use esd, i.e., mplayer.  Some
> don't have. In such case, you have to kill the esd.  That's life :-)

I just started esd with the command 'esd -as 2', which releases the
audio device 2 seconds after any sound stops playing.  That way you
just need to stop or pause any audio player more than 2 seconds before
you use anything that directly accesses the audio device.  My current
audio handles alsa with multiple channels, so I don't need esd
anymore.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org