Re: iptables not logging via syslog-ng

You need to DEFINE the log rule.

rule123 -j ULOG --ulog-nlgroup 5 --ulog-prefix "LOGGING_BLOCK"
rule123 -j DROP

# look at the nlgroup = 5 above
# netlink multicast group (the same as the iptables --ulog-nlgroup param)
nlgroup=5

then, use logemu:
# output plugins.
plugin="/app/ulogd-1.23/lib/ulogd/ulogd_LOGEMU.so"

[LOGEMU]
file="/var/log/ulogd-eth0.log"
sync=1