Re: invoke thunderbird and firefox when gnome starts

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 11:05:27AM +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In order not to invoke thunderbird and firefox manually when gnome starts, I
> tried to save the current settings when I log out.  But gnome says it can
> not save thunderbird and firefox settings.
>
> I also tried to start thunderbird and firefox in .xsession:
> # thunderbird and firefox
> thunderbird &
> firefox &
>
> exec gnome-session
>

> That's OK.  But since thunderbird starts before gnome, the fonts in
> thunderbird is ugly.  Is there any way to start thunderbird after gnome?
>
> Best regards,
> Dai Yuwen

You can try starting gnome-settings-manager before firefox and
thunderbird (or was it gnome-settings-daemon? I don't remember, but I'm
sure that you can see which one exists on your system), which does
things like load font configuration for apps if its started.

You can also add firefox and thunderbird to the session, there is a
session manager somewhere in the menues in gnome, which has a tab where
you can add auto-starting apps.

--
Andreas Eriksson (TPC)
E-Mail: andreas@tpwch.com     Website: http://www.tpwch.com