Re: (OT) Prejudice against sendmail?

Matej Cepl wrote:
> Aside from DJB (which is big reason enough for me), the biggest reason why

Just to elaborate on this -- I have no problems to believe that DJB is a
genius, his IQ may be really enormous, but unfortunately he was hurt by the
problem many geniuses are hurt as well -- communication with him requires
genius as well. So for example, take a look at "usable by humans" output of
his EPLF (http://crackmonkey.org/faq.html#ANSWER23), or try to tell me how
to make email alias with dot in the name part (like matej.sr@example.com )
using his .qmail-* files (here is the manpage
http://www.qmail.org/man/man5/dot-qmail.html) -- I am probably an idiot,
but it took me three hours and a lot of googling, before I found an answer.
And I have to confess, I don't like programs which make me feel like an
idiot.

Best,

Matěj
--
23 Marion St. #3, Cambridge, MA 02141, (617) 876-1259
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, map http://tinyurl.com/r2lfa

That distinction is reflected in the apocryphal remark made by a
French diplomat to his British counterpart: "This is all very
well in practice, but will it work in theory?".