Re: SCIM On Debian sid

On 9/8/06, "Arne Götje (高盛華)" <arne@linux.org.tw> wrote:

> Well, now the problem is that I can input chinese in firefox but can not
> input chinese in mozilla and other applications.
>
> Can any of you help me please?

How do your environment variables GTK_IM_MODULE and QT_IM_MODULE look like?
Make sure both are set to "xim" and *not* "scim".
Also make sure that an environment variable XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" exists.

Cheers
Arne

BTW: do you have the package im-switch installed? this one should do the
job.
- --

Thanks very much for your reply:)

I extracted them from .bashrc

%%------------------Begin--------------------%%
#------Scim Settings---------#
GTK_IM_MODULE="xim" ; export GTK_IM_MODULE
QT_IM_MODULE="xim" ; export QT_IM_MODULE
export XIM=SCIM
export XIM_PROGRAM=SCIM
export QT_IM_MODULE="xim"
export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
export GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
scim -f x11 -d&
#------Scim Settings---------#

#------Chinese Input SCIM Section-------#
export LANG='en_US'
export LC_CTYPE='en_US.UTF-8'

export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM    #case matters for this variable!
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
export QT_IM_MODULE=scim

XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"

It still not doing the job. Yes I installed im-switch. I still not be able to input chinese in skype and aMSN. After install a chinese locale for mozilla I can input chinese in Mozilla now.

Please help me?

Thanks,
Rocky