Re: Traffic analyser

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 04:26:03AM -0300, Romulo Sousa wrote:
> I would like to analyse a traffic in a network based on the types of
> the files in which it carries. Therefore, I would like the amount of
> .pdf, .odt, .html, etc and see the possibility to create a chart to
> see the avarage of each type of package. I tried to use tcpdump, but
> no goal. Can somebody please tell me how I'm able to do that?

I think what you want is not really a traffic analyzer but a log file
parser for your http server (probably apache). Maybe take a look at
awstats [1]. From the web site:

"A full log analysis enables AWStats to show you the following
information:
[...]
 - Files type
[...]"

HTH.

[1] http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A