Re: Latest unstable upgrade broke my apache2/php configuration

Hello Dick.

> Running the latest Debian unstable here, and this morning I upgraded my
> packages.

Which packages exactly where upgraded?

> Now PHP is broken... For example, when I open phpsysinfo, my
> browser wants to save the file.
>
> I checked apache2.conf and it shows
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

OK, this is one part. The other would be that the *.so file necessary to
interpret the scripts gets loaded. So you should have the following line in one
file somewhere under /etc/apache2:

  LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

On my system this is located at /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.load which itself
is a symlink to the same file in the mods-available directory. The files get
included via the following directives in my apache2.conf:

  # Include module configuration:
  Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.load
  Include /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/*.conf

And keep in mind that sometimes only a restart of the server is necessary.

Regards, Mathias