Re: sound q: is this possible?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 06.09.06 09:58, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I record streaming mp3 music with mplayer.

I use snd to edit the .wav file.

Then I convert it with sox to the right frequency and use lame to cut an mp3 file.

lame can resample the file itself.

For the last few recordings I notice that the sound volume varies during the recording so I have to be lowering or raising the sound volume all the time: it is either to high so it distorts or too low, I can't hear anything.

what do you do with "snd"?

I record KUSC for 4 hours and edit the resulting file for pieces that I like: just select pieces of the original large file.

Is there a tool that will avoid that? I can see the problem already in snd: either the sound waves are off the left hand scale that goes from -1.0 to +1.0 or they are very small.

the problem may be caused by snd. when you listen to source .wav file, does
it sound OK? If you listen to the stream, does it sound OK?

They both exhibit the same problem: sometimes too loud, sometimes too low a volume.