Re: Email programs that work.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Email programs that work.
- From: Ron Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:00:45 -0500
- Message-id: <44FC4DAD.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <8_pM7.A.Fn.tbE_EB@t1950ct.private>
- References: <44C7FD4C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <OtL8EC.A.MtB.1gc7EB@t1950ct.private> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <44F028BB.email@example.com> <RmeiRD.A.l-.j-Z9EB@t1950ct.private> <44F6328F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060831105933.GA31261@topoi.pooq.com> <44F6D3FC.email@example.com> <20060831125617.GD31261@topoi.pooq.com> <8_pM7.A.Fn.tbE_EB@t1950ct.private>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2006-08-31 08:56:17, schrieb firstname.lastname@example.org:
>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 07:20:12AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> Besides, how does one manage a 2*10^6 email folder? My 21" monitor
>>> running at 1280x1024 can only display 45 email subjects. That would
>>> be *44,445* screens of emails. Totally unmanageable by humans.
>> Maybe one pixel per message? :-(
> I use courier-imap with subfolders and the INBOX.* has only 63 entries.
> The INBOX.ML_debian.* with 83 (the third biggest subfolder).
> INBOX.BTS_debian.L.<package> are only small ones
> The biggest is my INBOX.Business.* and the second one INBOX.Peoples.*
> In sumary I have 1592 folders and subfolders...
> In summary arround 7.14 million messages with over 65 GByte messages.
I think I'd roll those *old* messages into gzipped mbox files and
install grepmail if I really needed to search them.
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA
Is "common sense" really valid?
For example, it is "common sense" to white-power racists that
whites are superior to blacks, and that those with brown skins
are mud people.
However, that "common sense" is obviously wrong.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----