Re: (OT) Prejudice against sendmail?

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:05:36 -0600, Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
wrote:

>Generally anything that requires you to write a configuration file that
>then writes another configuration file ... is over-engineered.

Automake?  Autoconf?  M4?

>anyone who doesn't know what they're doing can FUBAR anything.

Sendmail is not the best solution for every need.   But the OP asked
for experience, and facts.

As I said earlier: sendmail has the best integration with cyrus imapd
via socket maps, and postfix's milter interface shows that postfix is
a poor argument against monolithic design.

Now if anyone else has factual information about sendmail vs. other
MTAs, let's hear it.  But anyone who posts more dogma, I will ignore.