Re: gdm (or somethnig) goes deaf when changing virtual consoles

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 12:36:02AM +0200, Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello Hendrik.
>
> > I'm using gdm as my login manager.  I have six virtual consoles
> > configured.  Graphics is an AIT-Raden-all-in-wonder 8500 card.  RAM is
> > 1G.  CPU is an athlon.
> >
> > a few months ago, I started experiencing this problem.  Sometimes, when
> > changing virtual consoles with ctrl-alt-f*, instead of getting to the
> > other console I got a black screen, and whatever subsystem that
> > responds to ctl-alt-f* seemed to go deaf.
>
> This sounds like an old bug of the fglrx-driver. Are you using it? If you are,
> which version? This bug should have been fixed with version 8.25.18.
>

> Regards, Mathias

Not as far as I can tell:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. R200 BB [Radeon All in Wonder 8500DV]"
        Driver          "ati"
        BusID           "PCI:2:0:0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
EndSection

-- hendrik