Re: Serious problem: text disappeared everywhere

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 06:00:38AM -0400, Yang Sheng wrote:
> Yeah, I checked my xbase-clients , it's 1.7.1-ds3...
>
> But I fixed the problem now.
>
> Thanks to Edward.  I closed anti-aliasing, the problem remains. But when I
> reopen it, I found the problem was fixed.
>
> And this only appeared in the gtk program.
>
> Thanks for help!

I'm glad that worked for you too. I can't say I understand *why* that
works, but for two of my computers it resolved it for me. It was damn
near impoosible to look at web sites using Firefox or carry on a
conversation in Gaim with most of the text being gone until the mouse
pointer hovered over the missing area. :P It happened for me using any
GTK applications within any window manager/desktop environment.

I remember seeing a bug filed for this within the Debian BTS, but I
can't remember what it was filed against.