Creating custom deb package with conffiles overrides

Hi,
	I am trying to create a custom configuration package which among
other things installs an snmpd.conf into /etc/snmp/. Is there a way in my
package declaration to tell apt to override the previously installed snmpd
package that "owns" /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf? Or should I be going about this
another way?

dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/fci-newos-base_1.1-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf', which is also in package
snmpd

Thanks,

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator