Re: Using cups remotely?

Liam O'Toole wrote:
> There is no need for the cups daemon on the second machine; in
> fact, you only need to install the cupsys-client package.

That's correct, except if the client-machine is notebook -- I haven't manage
to make cupsys-client to switch between different servers. With local CUPS
it works like a charm. Go to http://localhost:631 with your preferred
browser and [Add Printer], and then just follow the prompts. When you hit a
problem, then let us know, specifically stating, what you did and what
happened. Also use other notes in this thread (editing /etc/cupsys/ files).

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

A child can go only so far in life without potty training.  It
is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents
were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's
state legislators.
        -- Dave Barry