Re: Reconfiguring Xorg

Owen Heisler wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 10:55 -0400, Scott Lair wrote:
> > Owen Heisler wrote:

> > > Same problem here.
> > >
> > > "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" asks questions and then doesn't modify
> > > xorg.conf.  Delete xorg.conf, and it doesn't create a new one.  Use
> > > md5sum so it thinks the file hasn't been modified, and still it doesn't
> > > modify it.
> > >
> > > It seems that the dpkg-reconfigure command is useless for xorg...  Now I
> > > just modify xorg.conf manually.

> > > I'm running Debian Etch on amd64.
> > >
> > yep,
> >
> > rm /etc/X11/X
> >
> > then rerun dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
> >
> > should do it
>
> Okay, I did "mv /etc/X11/X /etc/X11/X.bak" and then "dpkg-reconfigure
> xserver-xorg".  /etc/X11/xorg.conf was not modified.

dunno,

I am running etch amd64 on two different machines and recently
manually updated xorg.conf, then remembered about reconfigure,
but of course did not work.  Later read somewhere that deleting
X will fix it and sure enough worked both times.  Maybe moving X
doesnt work since it is just a link.

Did any of the other solutions suggested work?

good luck