Re: Reconfiguring Xorg

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 10:34 -0400, André Allavena wrote:
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg asks me a few questions, but doesn't
> write anything to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Where does the configuration gets writen?

Same problem here.

"dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" asks questions and then doesn't modify
xorg.conf.  Delete xorg.conf, and it doesn't create a new one.  Use
md5sum so it thinks the file hasn't been modified, and still it doesn't
modify it.

It seems that the dpkg-reconfigure command is useless for xorg...  Now I
just modify xorg.conf manually.

> Running Debian unstable (well, trying to install, really)

I'm running Debian Etch on amd64.