Re: icewm hanging with no error

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:53:41PM +0530, ferrangu z wrote:
>  I am running a debian sarge and icewm as wm. The default version of icewm
> that came with it was 1.2.24(i suppose ) .. when using icewm    for around
> 2-3 hrs the system suddenly gets hung ...  even upgrading icewm to
> 1.2.27doesnt seem to solve the problem.
>
>  The hanging prob is with icewm only...  xfce,gnome etc works fine..
>
> Is there any way i can record whats going on? since even the logs didn
> help.

Kill X, type "script icewmdebug" (at a VT) and restart icewem with the
"-debug" switch?  That'll record all messages from icewm into a file named
icewmdebug.  It might get very large!

When icewm freezes can you ctrl-alt-F1 to a virtual terminal and run
programs like top?
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!