Re: KDE being removed?

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 09:58:49 -0600, edwardsa wrote:
> I was doing an dist-upgrade and kde was being removed. Should I be
> concerned?

The "kde" package is just a meta-package: It does not really contain
anything, but its dependencies make sure that a complete KDE system is
pulled in if you run "apt-get install kde". (It depends on "kde-core",
"kdeadmin", "kdeaddons", etc.)

I think your apt figured out that sacrificing the meta package would
allow it to perform a partial upgrade to KDE 3.5.4. "kde" should be
installable again as soon as the mirror that you are using has the
complete set of KDE 3.5.4 packages. For now you don't have to worry
about it, but it is worthwhile to install the meta-package again in a
few days so that you will automatically follow possible future changes
in the packaging of KDE on Debian.

--
Regards,
          Florian